Posted: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 12:04 AM
Precious Project offers high quality education and care to orphaned and vulnerable children in rural Tanzania. We partner with the local community to provide a Primary School, Children’s Home, organic farm and agricultural practices all grounded in sustainable environmental principles. Precious Project also supports women’s empowerment groups that foster economic self-sufficiency. Precious Project is a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a registered NGO in Tanzania.
Precious Project is committed to the education and care of vulnerable children in rural Tanzania. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic fundraiser to help take our project to the next level. The Precious Project Development Director is responsible for the oversight and management of fundraising strategy, major gifts cultivation, fund development and marketing. The director would be expected to utilize multi-channel fundraising to acquire new donors, deepen relationships with existing donors and raise the organization’s profile in the greater Boston area.
The Development Director for The Precious Project leads the planning and implementation of a multi-year, comprehensive fundraising effort to significantly increase philanthropic revenues from individuals, corporations and foundations to support the Precious mission and vision.
· Develop and lead tailored cultivation and stewardship plans for portfolio of major individual donors and grow major gifts by 30%.
· Manage annual and other special funding appeals throughout the year, including outreach to 250+ donors giving $100 or less.
· > Oversee and fulfill $1 million, three-year School Accelerator Fund (SAF) campaign to ensure operational sustainability of Precious Primary School.
· Drive strategy development around five– and six-figure gift solicitations for campaign priorities, operational requirements and unrestricted funding.
· Build the pipeline of new donors through identification and qualification for prospects, networking and devising creative strategies to leverage current donors’ networks.
· Work with Precious board members to set-up donor meetings, ensuring appropriate pre-meeting preparation, including briefing documents and talking points as needed, and post-meeting follow-up, including crafting contact reports, execution of next steps and timely and tailored correspondence with donors.
· With a focus on transformational philanthropy, develop innovative strategies and events to bring donors closer to Precious Project’s work and strengthen their commitment to mission.
· Carefully research appropriate grants and ensure thoughtfully crafted applications are submitted to same.
· Present quarterly fundraising reports to the Board.
· Track development activity by entering donor interactions and strategies into Donorsnap database.
Communications & Marketing
Deepen and refine all aspects of communication – from working with the Media Advisor to strengthen web presence and social media opportunities to creating and updating donor outreach materials, such as the monthly enewsletter, and program reports
Send timely correspondence to donors, such as thank you letters.
Ensure all grant and donor requirements are met, and reports are sent to funders in a timely manner.
Collaborate with Board and Operations Manager to refine Precious Project’s strategic plan and annual budget development, ensuring fundraising priorities are aligned with its core mission.
· Collaborate with Operations Manager to oversee flow of funds to align fundraising efforts with financial progress.
· Collaborate with staff to maintain team calendar and project management tool, Asana, to ensure organizational workflow efficiency.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Passionate commitment to poverty alleviation in the developing world. Experience working in a resource-poor setting in sub-Saharan Africa a plus.
A minimum of seven to 10 years’ experience in leadership roles focused on major gifts and institutional fundraising.
Demonstrated track record in creating and overseeing successful strategic plans for fundraising and communications, and raising five- and six-figure gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
Advanced strategic skills and creative problem solving.
Exceptional oral and written communications skills, with strong ability to articulate programs to individuals, as well as small and large groups.
Proven personal and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with people from diverse backgrounds.
Ability to function effectively and independently in a start-up environment.
Experience in working collaboratively with staff and board to build small non-profit organizations from the ground up.
Outstanding work ethic, flexibility and sense of humor.Curiosity and demonstrated sensitivity to cultural differences.
· This Development Director position is a greater Boston area position and the Development Director must live in the greater Boston area.
· This position could be structured as part time – 32 hours per week – for the right candidate looking for something other than full time.
· Compensation will be determined by the depth and experience of the person filling the position of Precious Project Development Director.
· Precious Project Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, gender or religious belief.
· Please submit by email the following:
1. Cover letter of interest in the position of Development Director of Precious Project Inc.
2. Current CV/Resume
3. Please respond to: Chuck Phillips -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Precious Project Inc.
Job Posting Expires On
• Location: Lincoln, Lincoln, MA
• Post ID: 11410932 lincoln